An industrial past of over 130 years
Established in 1882 and from the outset specialising in machines for structural engineers (the Dijon engineer Gustave Eiffel used Vernet punching machines to build the famous Eiffel tower), we have rich and unique experience in this field and are proud of our industrial heritage.
In the 1900s, the company was already exporting half of its production, it took part in multiple international exhibitions and registered an extensive number of patents.
In 1996, Vernet joined forces with the German family-run company Behringer, world leader in metal sawing technology, to establish the new company Vernet Behringer. Two complementary cultures which focus on identifying and Satisfying Customer Needs, with the shared ambition: «Innovate to serve your productivity«.
Alfred Vernet established the company in Dijon: Manufacture of punching and shearing machines for structural steel
Vernet became Vernet Behringer after German company Behringer acquired a stake in the capital
Creation of the Partners for Steel (P4S) Alliance, between Behringer, Vernet Behringer and Rösler
Launch of the HD-X machine
Rich and ambitious R&D programme with 10% of revenue invested, presentation of 3 new machines
Through the training provided to our teams and their full participation, we apply Lean Management methods, especially 5S tools, VSM (Value Stream Mapping) and SMED (Single Minute Exchange of Die), used to reduce the series change time.
This is how we make daily progress in our industrial performance, so we can do ever better for our clients in terms of price, lead time and quality.
Corporate Social Responsibility is a key component of our governance and taken into account in each action, with consequences at all levels of the company :
- Eco-design: our R&D integrates this dimension right from the preliminary design phases, to ensure our machines are always more energy-efficient and cost less to run.
- Risk assessment: deployment and continuous improvement of risk management and accident prevention
- Fight against all forms of discrimination
French-German ownership structure, tight, stable and industrial.
Since 2005 the company has been managed by 3 majority shareholder executives who have worked in the same team for over 25 years. This tried and tested combination enables strategic and operational Management to be fully involved in the three main avenues for development :
- continuous technical innovation to propose ever-more productive solutions to our clients
- resolutely international strategy while maintaining a strong presence in France
- rigorous management and organisation oriented to long-term objectives